Why is reading the Bible and daily devotions something important for Christians? Well the reason they are important is because we need to spend time with the Lord. Think about it this way, we spend time with those who are important to us, our significant other, friends, family. We spend time with them because we enjoy being in their company and because we want to know them better. Well this is the same reason we ought to have a daily time set aside to spend with Jesus to get to know him better. Prayer and reading the Word of God will accomplish many things in our spirits.
1. It will bring us closer to Christ
2. It will transform our hearts and minds and make us more like Jesus.
3. It will reveal the Will of God to us for our own lives.
DAILY DEVOTIONS: Week of January 1 – 7, 2012
MONDAY: 1 John 5:1-12; “He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.”
TUESDAY: James 4:1-10; “Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you.”
WEDNESDAY: Num. 16:1-35; Honor spiritual leadership- God is watching.
THURSDAY: Psalm 62:1-12; “Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us.”
FRIDAY: Rom. 6:1-23; “The wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
SATURDAY: Mark 7:1-23; “All these evil things proceed from within and defile the man.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Kenya, East Africa - August 2007 (1)
- Devotions for week of Feb. 6- 11, 2012 (1)
- Wise Up Kiddo! - March 11, 2012 (1)
- Join the Movement: Build a New Church (0)
- Sunday School Questions - Topic: Honor (0)
- Resources (0)
- Devotions for week of Jan. 1-7, 2012 (0)
- Church Anniversary - April 2011 (0)