Why is reading the Bible and daily devotions something important for Christians? Well the reason they are important is because we need to spend time with the Lord. Think about it this way, we spend time with those who are important to us, our significant other, friends, family. We spend time with them because we enjoy being in their company and because we want to know them better. Well this is the same reason we ought to have a daily time set aside to spend with Jesus to get to know him better. Prayer and reading the Word of God will accomplish many things in our spirits.
1. It will bring us closer to Christ
2. It will transform our hearts and minds and make us more like Jesus.
3. It will reveal the Will of God to us for our own lives.
DAILY DEVOTIONS: Week of February 6 – February 11, 2012
MONDAY: 1 John 3:1-24; “Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth.”
TUESDAY: Psalm 27:1-14; “Wait for the LORD; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD.”
WEDNESDAY: Deuteronomy 10:1-22; “And now, Israel, what does the LORD your God require from you . . .”
THURSDAY: Luke 5:1-11; “Do not fear, from now on you will be catching men.”
FRIDAY: Mark 4:12-19; Where is the Word of God falling in your heart?
SATURDAY: 1 Peter 4:12-19; “Therefore, let those also who suffer according to the will of God entrust their soul to a faithful Creator in doing what is right.”
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Kenya, East Africa - August 2007 (1)
- Devotions for week of Feb. 6- 11, 2012 (1)
- Wise Up Kiddo! - March 11, 2012 (1)
- Join the Movement: Build a New Church (0)
- Sunday School Questions - Topic: Honor (0)
- Resources (0)
- Devotions for week of Jan. 1-7, 2012 (0)
- Church Anniversary - April 2011 (0)