Why is reading the Bible and daily devotions something important for Christians? Well the reason they are important is because we need to spend time with the Lord. Think about it this way, we spend time with those who are important to us, our significant other, friends, family. We spend time with them because we enjoy being in their company and because we want to know them better. Well this is the same reason we ought to have a daily time set aside to spend with Jesus to get to know him better. Prayer and reading the Word of God will accomplish many things in our spirits.
1. It will bring us closer to Christ
2. It will transform our hearts and minds and make us more like Jesus.
3. It will reveal the Will of God to us for our own lives.
DAILY DEVOTIONS: Week of Dec. 17 – Dec. 22, 2012
MONDAY: Acts 14:1-28; “Strengthening the souls of the disciples, encouraging them to continue in the faith and saying, “Through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God.”
TUESDAY: 2 Cor. 5:1-21; “He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.”
WEDNESDAY: 2 Tim. 3:1-17; “All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness . . .”
THURSDAY: Phil. 1:1-30; “For to me, to live is Christ, and to die in gain.”
FRIDAY: Matt. 9:18-38; “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few . . .”
SATURDAY: Isa. 64:1-12; “For all of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like filthy garment.”
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Kenya, East Africa - August 2007 (1)
- Devotions for week of Feb. 6- 11, 2012 (1)
- Wise Up Kiddo! - March 11, 2012 (1)
- Join the Movement: Build a New Church (0)
- Sunday School Questions - Topic: Honor (0)
- Resources (0)
- Devotions for week of Jan. 1-7, 2012 (0)
- Church Anniversary - April 2011 (0)