Why is reading the Bible and daily devotions something important for Christians? Well the reason they are important is because we need to spend time with the Lord. Think about it this way, we spend time with those who are important to us, our significant other, friends, family. We spend time with them because we enjoy being in their company and because we want to know them better. Well this is the same reason we ought to have a daily time set aside to spend with Jesus to get to know him better. Prayer and reading the Word of God will accomplish many things in our spirits.
1. It will bring us closer to Christ
2. It will transform our hearts and minds and make us more like Jesus.
3. It will reveal the Will of God to us for our own lives.
DAILY DEVOTIONS: Week of Dec. 24 – Dec. 29, 2012
MONDAY: Matt. 1:18-25; “And she will bear a Son, and you shall call Him Jesus, for it is He who will save His people from their sins.”
TUESDAY: Luke 2:1-20; “For today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.”
WEDNESDAY: Matt. 2:1-15; “Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we saw His star in the east, and have come to worship Him.”
THURSDAY: Luke 2:21-38; “Behold, this Child is appointed for the fall and rise of many in Israel, and for a sign to be opposed.”
FRIDAY: Matt. 2:16-23; “He shall be called a Nazarene.”
SATURDAY: Luke 2:41-52; “Why is it that you were looking for Me? Did you not know that I had to be in My Father’s house?”
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Kenya, East Africa - August 2007 (1)
- Devotions for week of Feb. 6- 11, 2012 (1)
- Wise Up Kiddo! - March 11, 2012 (1)
- Join the Movement: Build a New Church (0)
- Sunday School Questions - Topic: Honor (0)
- Resources (0)
- Devotions for week of Jan. 1-7, 2012 (0)
- Church Anniversary - April 2011 (0)