Why is reading the Bible and daily devotions something important for Christians? Well the reason they are important is because we need to spend time with the Lord. Think about it this way, we spend time with those who are important to us, our significant other, friends, family. We spend time with them because we enjoy being in their company and because we want to know them better. Well this is the same reason we ought to have a daily time set aside to spend with Jesus to get to know him better. Prayer and reading the Word of God will accomplish many things in our spirits.
1. It will bring us closer to Christ
2. It will transform our hearts and minds and make us more like Jesus.
3. It will reveal the Will of God to us for our own lives.
DAILY DEVOTIONS: Week of Dec. 31 – Jan. 5, 2013
MONDAY: Psalm 8:1-9; “What is man, that Thou dost take thought of him? And the son of man, that Thou dost care for him?”
TUESDAY: Joshua 9:1-27; “So the men of Israel took some of their provisions, and did not ask for the counsel of the LORD.”
WEDNESDAY: Eccl. 8:1-17; “Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, therefore the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.”
THURSDAY: Matt. 20:1-16; “Thus the last shall be first, and the first last.”
FRIDAY: 1 Cor. 12:1-31; “But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills.”
SATURDAY: Gal. 6:1-10; “And let is not lose heart in doing good’ for in due time we shall reap if we do not grow weary.”
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Kenya, East Africa - August 2007 (1)
- Devotions for week of Feb. 6- 11, 2012 (1)
- Wise Up Kiddo! - March 11, 2012 (1)
- Join the Movement: Build a New Church (0)
- Sunday School Questions - Topic: Honor (0)
- Resources (0)
- Devotions for week of Jan. 1-7, 2012 (0)
- Church Anniversary - April 2011 (0)