Why is reading the Bible and daily devotions something important for Christians? Well the reason they are important is because we need to spend time with the Lord. Think about it this way, we spend time with those who are important to us, our significant other, friends, family. We spend time with them because we enjoy being in their company and because we want to know them better. Well this is the same reason we ought to have a daily time set aside to spend with Jesus to get to know him better. Prayer and reading the Word of God will accomplish many things in our spirits.
1. It will bring us closer to Christ
2. It will transform our hearts and minds and make us more like Jesus.
3. It will reveal the Will of God to us for our own lives.
DAILY DEVOTIONS: Week of Jan. 12 – Jan. 12, 2013
MONDAY: Mark 5:1-20; “What is your name?” And he said to Him, “My name is Legion for we are many.”
TUESDAY: Prov. 8:1-35; “For he who finds me finds life, and obtain favor from the LORD”
WEDNESDAY: Col. 1:1-23; “For He delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved son”
THURSDAY: 2 John 1:1-13; “If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting; for the one who gives him a greeting participates in his evil deeds.”
FRIDAY: Rom. 6:1-23; “Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body that you should obey its lust.”
SATURDAY: Psalm 130:1-8; “If Thou LORD, shouldst mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand?”
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Kenya, East Africa - August 2007 (1)
- Devotions for week of Feb. 6- 11, 2012 (1)
- Wise Up Kiddo! - March 11, 2012 (1)
- Join the Movement: Build a New Church (0)
- Sunday School Questions - Topic: Honor (0)
- Resources (0)
- Devotions for week of Jan. 1-7, 2012 (0)
- Church Anniversary - April 2011 (0)