Why is reading the Bible and daily devotions something important for Christians? Well the reason they are important is because we need to spend time with the Lord. Think about it this way, we spend time with those who are important to us, our significant other, friends, family. We spend time with them because we enjoy being in their company and because we want to know them better. Well this is the same reason we ought to have a daily time set aside to spend with Jesus to get to know him better. Prayer and reading the Word of God will accomplish many things in our spirits.
1. It will bring us closer to Christ
2. It will transform our hearts and minds and make us more like Jesus.
3. It will reveal the Will of God to us for our own lives.
DAILY DEVOTIONS: Week of Jan. 14 – Jan. 19, 2013
MONDAY: Rom. 8:139; “But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.”
TUESDAY: 1 John 4:7-21; “The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.”
WEDNESDAY: 1 Kings 18:1-46; “Answer me, O LORD, answer me, that this peoples may know that Thou, O LORD, art God, and that Thou hast turned their heart back again.”
THURSDAY: Prov. 17:1-28; “Even a fool, when he keeps silent, is considered wise, when he closes his lips, he is counted prudent.”
FRIDAY: Matt. 12:22-37; “For by your words you shall be justified, and by your words you shall be condemned”
SATURDAY: Col. 3:1-17; “And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father”
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Kenya, East Africa - August 2007 (1)
- Devotions for week of Feb. 6- 11, 2012 (1)
- Wise Up Kiddo! - March 11, 2012 (1)
- Join the Movement: Build a New Church (0)
- Sunday School Questions - Topic: Honor (0)
- Resources (0)
- Devotions for week of Jan. 1-7, 2012 (0)
- Church Anniversary - April 2011 (0)