Why is reading the Bible and daily devotions something important for Christians? Well the reason they are important is because we need to spend time with the Lord. Think about it this way, we spend time with those who are important to us, our significant other, friends, family. We spend time with them because we enjoy being in their company and because we want to know them better. Well this is the same reason we ought to have a daily time set aside to spend with Jesus to get to know him better. Prayer and reading the Word of God will accomplish many things in our spirits.
1. It will bring us closer to Christ
2. It will transform our hearts and minds and make us more like Jesus.
3. It will reveal the Will of God to us for our own lives.
DAILY DEVOTIONS: Week of Jan. 21 – Jan. 26, 2013
MONDAY: Prov. 17:1-28; “A joyful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit dries up the bones.”
TUESDAY: Matt. 7:13-23; “Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven.”
WEDNESDAY: Rom. 9:1-33; “So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy.”
THURSDAY: 1 Cor. 4:1-21; “And what do you have that you did not receive? But if you did receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?”
FRIDAY: Gal. 2:1-21; “I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me . . .”
SATURDAY: Josh 6;1-27; “See, I have given Jericho into your hands with its king and the valiant warriors.”
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Kenya, East Africa - August 2007 (1)
- Devotions for week of Feb. 6- 11, 2012 (1)
- Wise Up Kiddo! - March 11, 2012 (1)
- Join the Movement: Build a New Church (0)
- Sunday School Questions - Topic: Honor (0)
- Resources (0)
- Devotions for week of Jan. 1-7, 2012 (0)
- Church Anniversary - April 2011 (0)