Why is reading the Bible and daily devotions something important for Christians? Well the reason they are important is because we need to spend time with the Lord. Think about it this way, we spend time with those who are important to us, our significant other, friends, family. We spend time with them because we enjoy being in their company and because we want to know them better. Well this is the same reason we ought to have a daily time set aside to spend with Jesus to get to know him better. Prayer and reading the Word of God will accomplish many things in our spirits.
1. It will bring us closer to Christ
2. It will transform our hearts and minds and make us more like Jesus.
3. It will reveal the Will of God to us for our own lives.
DAILY DEVOTIONS: Devotions /Apr. 3 – Apr. 8, 2017>0
MONDAY: 1 Peter 2:1-12; “Beloved, I urge you as aliens and strangers . . .” Since we (Christians) are aliens and strangers in this world, why are we always seeking worldly treasures?”
TUESDAY: Rom. 1:18-32; “For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks . . .”
WEDNESDAY: John 15:18-27; “If you were of the world, the world would love its own, but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, there the world hates you.”
THURSDAY:Ps. 94:1-23; “He who planted the ear, does He not hear? He who formed the eye, does He not see?”
FRIDAY: Matt. 25:31-46; “Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.”
SATURDAY: 1 Tim. 4:1-16; “Discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness.”
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Kenya, East Africa - August 2007 (1)
- Devotions for week of Feb. 6- 11, 2012 (1)
- Wise Up Kiddo! - March 11, 2012 (1)
- Join the Movement: Build a New Church (0)
- Sunday School Questions - Topic: Honor (0)
- Resources (0)
- Devotions for week of Jan. 1-7, 2012 (0)
- Church Anniversary - April 2011 (0)