Why is reading the Bible and daily devotions something important for Christians? Well the reason they are important is because we need to spend time with the Lord. Think about it this way, we spend time with those who are important to us, our significant other, friends, family. We spend time with them because we enjoy being in their company and because we want to know them better. Well this is the same reason we ought to have a daily time set aside to spend with Jesus to get to know him better. Prayer and reading the Word of God will accomplish many things in our spirits.
1. It will bring us closer to Christ
2. It will transform our hearts and minds and make us more like Jesus.
3. It will reveal the Will of God to us for our own lives.
DAILY DEVOTIONS: Devotions /Apr. 10 – Apr. 15, 2017>0
MONDAY: Luke 9:28-36; “This is My Son, My Chosen One; listen to Him!”
TUESDAY: Psalm 34:1-22; “The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear Him.”
WEDNESDAY: Isa. 40:12-31; “Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength.”
THURSDAY:Rom. 14:1-23; “Therefore do not let what is for you a good thing be spoken of as evil.”
FRIDAY: 1 Peter 2:1-12; “”Abstain from freshly lusts, which war against the soul.”
SATURDAY: Isa. 49:14-16; “I will not forget you.”
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Kenya, East Africa - August 2007 (1)
- Devotions for week of Feb. 6- 11, 2012 (1)
- Wise Up Kiddo! - March 11, 2012 (1)
- Join the Movement: Build a New Church (0)
- Sunday School Questions - Topic: Honor (0)
- Resources (0)
- Devotions for week of Jan. 1-7, 2012 (0)
- Church Anniversary - April 2011 (0)