Why is reading the Bible and daily devotions something important for Christians? Well the reason they are important is because we need to spend time with the Lord. Think about it this way, we spend time with those who are important to us, our significant other, friends, family. We spend time with them because we enjoy being in their company and because we want to know them better. Well this is the same reason we ought to have a daily time set aside to spend with Jesus to get to know him better. Prayer and reading the Word of God will accomplish many things in our spirits.
1. It will bring us closer to Christ
2. It will transform our hearts and minds and make us more like Jesus.
3. It will reveal the Will of God to us for our own lives.
DAILY DEVOTIONS: Devotions /May 1 – May 6, 2017>0
MONDAY: James 1:1-27; “But let everyone be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger.”
TUESDAY: 1 Tim. 1:1-17; “Jesus came into the world to save sinners”
WEDNESDAY: Acts 3:1-10; “I do not possess silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you: In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene– walk!”
THURSDAY:Hosea 4:1-1-6; “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.”
FRIDAY: Prov. 7:1-27; “Keep my commandments and live, And my teaching as the apple of your eye”
SATURDAY: Heb. 1:1-14; “Upholds all things by the word of His power.”
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Kenya, East Africa - August 2007 (1)
- Devotions for week of Feb. 6- 11, 2012 (1)
- Wise Up Kiddo! - March 11, 2012 (1)
- Join the Movement: Build a New Church (0)
- Sunday School Questions - Topic: Honor (0)
- Resources (0)
- Devotions for week of Jan. 1-7, 2012 (0)
- Church Anniversary - April 2011 (0)