Why is reading the Bible and daily devotions something important for Christians? Well the reason they are important is because we need to spend time with the Lord. Think about it this way, we spend time with those who are important to us, our significant other, friends, family. We spend time with them because we enjoy being in their company and because we want to know them better. Well this is the same reason we ought to have a daily time set aside to spend with Jesus to get to know him better. Prayer and reading the Word of God will accomplish many things in our spirits.
1. It will bring us closer to Christ
2. It will transform our hearts and minds and make us more like Jesus.
3. It will reveal the Will of God to us for our own lives.
DAILY DEVOTIONS: Devotions /May 15 – May 20, 2017>0
MONDAY: Mon. John 4:1-45; “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to accomplish His work.”
TUESDAY: Acts. 17:16-34; “Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is not declaring to men that all everywhere should repent.”
WEDNESDAY: Phil. 1:1-30; “For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.”
THURSDAY:2 1 Kings 17:1-24; “Do not fear, go, do as you have said, but make me a little bread cake from it first . . .”
FRIDAY: Pro. 10:1-32; “He who walks in integrity walks securely, but he who perverts his way will be found out.”
SATURDAY: Luke 16:19-31; “If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be persuaded if someone rises from the dead.”
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Kenya, East Africa - August 2007 (1)
- Devotions for week of Feb. 6- 11, 2012 (1)
- Wise Up Kiddo! - March 11, 2012 (1)
- Join the Movement: Build a New Church (0)
- Sunday School Questions - Topic: Honor (0)
- Resources (0)
- Devotions for week of Jan. 1-7, 2012 (0)
- Church Anniversary - April 2011 (0)