Why is reading the Bible and daily devotions something important for Christians? Well the reason they are important is because we need to spend time with the Lord. Think about it this way, we spend time with those who are important to us, our significant other, friends, family. We spend time with them because we enjoy being in their company and because we want to know them better. Well this is the same reason we ought to have a daily time set aside to spend with Jesus to get to know him better. Prayer and reading the Word of God will accomplish many things in our spirits.
1. It will bring us closer to Christ
2. It will transform our hearts and minds and make us more like Jesus.
3. It will reveal the Will of God to us for our own lives.
DAILY DEVOTIONS: Devotions /May 22 – May 27, 2017>0
MONDAY: Mon. James 5:1-20; “Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praises.”
TUESDAY: 2 Peter 2:1-22; “But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies . . .”
WEDNESDAY: Rom. 6:1-23; “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
THURSDAY: Luke 18:1-8; “Now He was telling them a parable to show that at all times they ought to pray and not to lose heart.”
FRIDAY: Psalm 97:1-12; “Hate evil, you who love the LORD.”
SATURDAY: Gen. 12:1-20; “What is this you have done to me? Why did you not tell me that she was your wife?”
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Kenya, East Africa - August 2007 (1)
- Devotions for week of Feb. 6- 11, 2012 (1)
- Wise Up Kiddo! - March 11, 2012 (1)
- Join the Movement: Build a New Church (0)
- Sunday School Questions - Topic: Honor (0)
- Resources (0)
- Devotions for week of Jan. 1-7, 2012 (0)
- Church Anniversary - April 2011 (0)