Why is reading the Bible and daily devotions something important for Christians? Well the reason they are important is because we need to spend time with the Lord. Think about it this way, we spend time with those who are important to us, our significant other, friends, family. We spend time with them because we enjoy being in their company and because we want to know them better. Well this is the same reason we ought to have a daily time set aside to spend with Jesus to get to know him better. Prayer and reading the Word of God will accomplish many things in our spirits.
1. It will bring us closer to Christ
2. It will transform our hearts and minds and make us more like Jesus.
3. It will reveal the Will of God to us for our own lives.
DAILY DEVOTIONS: Devotions /May 29 – June 3, 2017>0
MONDAY: Mon. Psalm 5:1-12; “For it is Thou who dost bless the righteous man, O LORD, Thou dost surround him with favor as with a shield”
TUESDAY: Eccl. 10:1-18; “If the axe is dull and he does not sharpen its edge, then he must exert more strength, wisdom has the advantage of giving success.”
WEDNESDAY: Matt. 3:1-17; “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased.”
THURSDAY: John 14:1-15; “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through me.”
FRIDAY: 1 Tim. 4:1-16; “Discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness.”
SATURDAY: Rev. 19:11-21; “And He has a name written upon Him which no one knows except Himself.”
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Kenya, East Africa - August 2007 (1)
- Devotions for week of Feb. 6- 11, 2012 (1)
- Wise Up Kiddo! - March 11, 2012 (1)
- Join the Movement: Build a New Church (0)
- Sunday School Questions - Topic: Honor (0)
- Resources (0)
- Devotions for week of Jan. 1-7, 2012 (0)
- Church Anniversary - April 2011 (0)